In order for us to provide you with the highest standard of dental care, this practice is required to gather personal information from you. This information covers details such as your name, address and telephone number, but it is also necessary for the dentist to obtain details from you regarding your general health and past medical or surgical events. Without your health information, the treating dentist is unable to plan your care properly.
We understand that some of this information is very personal and isn’t the kind of information that is discussed or disclosed with others. Harvie Dental will keep your personal information safe and confidential.
We value the need to safeguard this information and, in accordance, with the principles laid down in privacy legislation and the guidelines issued by Harvie Dental, we would like to assure you that:
- This information will only be used by your treating dentist in order to provide the highest standard of care.
- Your information will not be disclosed to those not associated with your treatment without your consent.
- You may seek access to the information held about you and we will provide this access without undue delay.
- There are no charges made for requesting your information.
- We will protect this information from misuse or loss and from unauthorized access, modification or disclosure.
- We will make sure your information is accurate, complete and current.
If you have any questions regarding the information we collect from you, please do not hesitate to ask us as this information is held in your dental records. We will always have your best interest and wellbeing in mind.
When you use our website, we collect Personal Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
Please note that we use Google Analytics and Google AdWords for marketing which requires this information.
As described above, we use your Personal Device Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by:
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by email at email@example.com or by mail using the details provided – 2 Diana Avenue, Burleigh Heads, QLD, 4220, Australia.